Your personal Call Rules control what happens to your incoming calls. By default, regardless of date and time:
- If your Status is Do Not Disturb, queue calls are declined and direct calls go immediately to voicemail.
- Otherwise, all calls go to voicemail after 5 rings.
Activating Call Rule Sets
To activate a rule set for a specific period of time, you need to define how long it will be active. Click its Activate button, and specify:
- A duration of time that begins immediately and runs as long as indicated.
- A date on which the rule deactivates. At 12:00 AM on that date, the rule is deactivated.
You can see the Active state of the rule set in the Call Rule Sets list:
Prioritizing Call Rule Sets
Your Call Rules need to be prioritized because Switchvox executes them from top to bottom.
To prioritize your rules, use the arrows to the left of the list.
In this example:
- Calls are handled one way during business hours, and another outside of business hours.
- During business hours, multiple numbers ring at the same time and after 5 rings go to voicemail
- Outside of business hours, calls go immediately to voicemail. (Notice that there is no Time Frame on this rule set. That's all right, because during business hours Switchvox always follows rule number 1.)
Prioritizing Actions in a Call Rule Set
The Actions in your Call Rules need to be prioritized because Switchvox executes them from top to bottom.
To prioritize Actions, use the arrows to the left of the list.
See the following links for additional information: