Using the X-Lite Softphone with Switchvox
Download X-Lite from www.counterpath.com.
- Install X-Lite per its instructions
- Start X-Lite
- Click Options (the left-most icon of the 3 at the top of interface)
The Options dialog box is displayed.
- Click SIP Account Settings...
- Click Add button
- In the Account tab, setup the following:
- Account Name: Enter the name you want for this account. e.g. "John Doe".
- User ID: Enter the Switchvox extension.
- Domain: Enter the Switchvox IP address. If you are a remote user, be sure to use the External IP address for Switchvox
- Password: Enter the phone password that was set under Phone Settings >Common Settings section of the Switchvox extension.
- Display Name: Enter the name you want to display on the softphone.
- Authorization Name: Enter the Switchvox extension.
- Leave all other settings as their default.
- Click Apply.
- Close the SIP Accounts box.
Give it a minute or two to register with Switchvox, and you'll be ready to make calls.
If you are registering to a Switchvox Demo server, you can
- dial other extensions on the demo server
- dial outside numbers by dialing a 9 first, and then the number